Easy Air Fryer Cauliflower Recipe is a perfect side dish or snack. It takes minutes to prepare this vegetable dish and it tastes fantastic.
Air Fryer Cauliflower
I have been working on adding more salads and vegetable side dishes to the website to balance out all of the epic desserts we have shared over the past few months. While Butterfinger Cakes are delicious, they are not something that we make every day.
You can enjoy this cauliflower alone or toss it in a salad. Season the cauliflower with your favorite seasonings. I am a huge fan of garlic and use garlic powder with salt and pepper most of the time.
You can also use smoked paprika, garlic powder, turmeric, cumin, taco seasoning, or any flavor you love. Go wild and try some spicy seasoning.
If you want to go wild, you can make Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower that tastes like wings! OK, not entirely like Buffalo Wings, but still pretty darn epic.
I love that this recipe takes about 15 minutes to prepare, and you have hot, delicious, air-fried cauliflower ready to serve.
Here is a quick overview of the simple ingredients needed to make epic Air Fry Cauliflower! The printable recipe card at the bottom of the post includes specific measurements and step-by-step instructions.
- Small to Medium Head of Cauliflower
- Olive Oil or Avocado Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Garlic Powder
Optional additional seasoning - onion powder, chili powder, curry powder, Parmesan cheese
- Air Fryer: We suggest getting an air fryer that is bigger than you think you will need. We found once we started using the air fryer, we ended up using it for more meals and larger meals.
- Kitchen Tongs: We highly suggest getting a good pair of kitchen tongs to remove items from the air fryer and save your hands from getting burned.
- Knife and Cutting Board
- Kitchen Spoon/Stirring Utensil
- Large Mixing Bowl: We are big fans of this glass batter bowl with a handle. It makes it easy to mix ingredients and keeps the mixing bowl steady on the counter.
How to Make Air Fryer Cauliflower
I've included complete instructions in the crispy air fryer cauliflower printable recipe card at the bottom of the post, but here's a quick version.
- Clean and cut the cauliflower into florets. Try to get them as evenly sized as possible.
- Add florets to a mixing bowl and toss to ensure an even coating of olive oil and seasoning.
- Spread cauliflower florets in a single layer in the air fryer basket. Air fry
- Enjoy this epic side dish!
Preparation and Storage
Make Ahead: While you can prep the cauliflower and refrigerate it in an airtight container for up to five days, it’s best to cook it while fresh. Cauliflower tends to turn brown quickly, even when properly stored.
Storage: Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge and enjoy them within three to four days.
Freezing/How to Freeze: You can freeze leftovers in an airtight, freezer-safe container or bag and enjoy them within three months.
How to Reheat: Reheat leftovers using the air fryer to return them to crispy goodness!
You can use frozen cauliflower, but you still want to ensure each floret has a coating of olive oil. It may take longer to get crispy if you cook it frozen.
Vegetarian + Vegan Option: This recipe is naturally vegetarian and vegan, as it only contains cauliflower, olive oil, and your seasonings of choice.
Gluten-Free: This recipe is also naturally gluten-free.
Smaller Serving Size + Larger Group/More Servings: We use one small to medium-sized cauliflower head to make four servings, and you can scale the written recipe to your desired yield. If you are making multiple batches of cauliflower, lower the cooking time after each batch and check the doneness.
Make It Spicy: Spice up your roasted cauliflower by adding your favorite spice or spicy seasoning blend before cooking or dressing it with your go-to spicy sauce after cooking.
Sugar-Free: ¼ of a small to medium-sized cauliflower head contains about 3 grams of sugar. The final sugar content will depend on your seasonings and add-ins.
Tips for the Best Air Fryer Cauliflower
- We do not preheat the air fryer before making this recipe.
- If you preheat your air fryer, you must lower the cooking time.
- Make sure to toss the cauliflower when you add the olive oil and seasoning to the mixing bowl so it coats as much of the cauliflower as possible.
What to Serve with Air Fryer Cauliflower
With this guide to making roasted cauliflower in your air fryer, you can quickly turn a cauliflower head into a side dish that bulks up any meal with extra nutrition and plant-powered goodness. Here are some pairing suggestions to inspire your menu planning.
Sides: Air Fryer Potato Wedges, Apple Stuffing, Carrot Soufflé, BLT Pasta Salad, Southern Fried Cabbage with Bacon, Hasselback Potatoes, Jiffy Cornbread with Sour Cream, Sweet Potato Casserole with Canned Yams, Southern Style Green Beans, Caprese Pasta Salad, Air fryer zucchini
Main Dishes: Cracker Barrel Broccoli Cheddar Chicken, Stovetop Meatloaf, Chicken Casserole with Ritz Crackers, CrockPot Rosemary Pork, Cracker Barrel Chicken & Dumplings, CrockPot Macaroni & Cheese with Ham, CrockPot Salisbury Steak, CrockPot Ham & Cheese Grits
Desserts: Ooey-Gooey Butter Cake, Lemon Bars, Lemon Icebox Pie, Best Rice Krispie Treats, Bisquick Blueberry Cobbler, Magnolia Bakery Banana Pudding, Bisquick Apple Cobbler, Bisquick Peach Cobbler, Molasses Cookies, Banana Bread, Classic Chocolate Brownies
When to Serve
- Family and Friend Gatherings
- Afternoon Snack
Great Air Fryer Recipes
Air Fryer Cauliflower
- Clean and dry the cauliflower. Cut into florets
- Add cauliflower florets to a medium bowl and toss with olive oil and seasoning.
- Air fry at 375 degrees for 10-14 minutes, Toss every 3-5 minutes until cauliflower is brown and crispy.