Easy Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower Recipe perfect for game day snacks and appetizers! This recipe for easy buffalo cauliflower air fryer takes minutes to prepare and tastes fantastic.
Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower Recipe
We are always looking for delicious appetizer recipes that are not deep-fried. Combining buffalo sauce and cauliflower florets makes the perfect appetizer or side dish.
This side dish and appetizer is an excellent alternative to deep-fried buffalo wings. I love that these make the perfect vegetarian appetizer for game-day parties and family events.
The hardest part of this recipe is dipping the cauliflower and adding it to the air fryer. We love making a big batch of these buffalo cauliflower and pairing them with our favorite dipping sauces.
Here is a quick overview of the simple ingredients needed to make epic Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower bites! The printable recipe card at the bottom of the post includes specific measurements and step-by-step instructions.
- Cauliflower Florets
- Frank’s Hot Sauce/Buffalo Sauce
- Corn Starch
- All Purpose Flour
- Olive Oil Spray
Serve with blue cheese dressing, celery sticks and carrots.
Optional - black pepper and salt, garlic powder, paprika
- Air Fryer: We suggest getting an air fryer that is bigger than you think you will need. We found once we started using the air fryer, we ended up using it for more meals and larger meals.
- Sharp Knife
- Small Bowls
- Microwave Splatter Cover: This microwave-safe cover helps prevent the butter from splattering all over the microwave!
- Kitchen Tongs: We highly suggest getting a good pair of kitchen tongs to remove items from the air fryer and save your hands from getting burned.
How to make Buffalo Cauliflower in the air fryer
I've included complete instructions in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post, but here's a quick version.
Step 1 - Clean and cut cauliflower into bite-sized pieces. Remove stems and make sure they are easy to eat. You want to get even-sized florets so they all cook the same.
Step 2 - Melt butter and add Frank’s Red-hot Sauce. Whisk to mix.
Step 3 - Combine flour and cornstarch in a large bowl.
Step 4 - Coat/toss each piece of cauliflower in the bowl with the flour mixture before coating it with the Frank’s Hot Sauce and butter mixture. Add each piece to the air fryer basket evenly spread out in a single layer.
Step 5 - Air Fry at 350 degrees.
Preparation and Storage
Make Ahead: While you can prep the cauliflower and refrigerate it in an airtight container for up to five days, we recommend making your Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower as soon as you cut it into florets to avoid the sauce from making the cauliflower soggy and taking away its freshness.
Storage: Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge and enjoy them within three to four days.
Freezing/How to Freeze: You can freeze leftovers in an airtight, freezer-safe container or bag and enjoy them within three months.
How to Reheat: Reheat leftovers using the air fryer to return them to crispy goodness!
Substitutions: We use Frank’s RedHot Buffalo Sauce because it is popular and readily available at most grocery stores, but any buffalo sauce you enjoy works!
Vegetarian Option: This recipe is naturally vegetarian.
Vegan Option: Replace the butter with a plant-based alternative to make this recipe vegan. Frank’s RedHot Sauce is vegan.
Serve with vegan ranch dressing.
Gluten-Free: You can use gluten-free flour, such as almond flour, to make your buffalo cauliflower gluten-free.
Smaller Serving Size + Larger Group/More Servings: We use one head of cauliflower to make six servings. Scale the written recipe up or down according to your desired yield, working in batches if your air fryer capacity is smaller and you’re making a big batch.
Make It Spicy: Spicy buffalo sauce adds extra heat and flavor to your Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower wings.
Sugar-Free: The written recipe contains 2 grams of sugar per serving, but the final amount in yours will depend on your buffalo sauce and any add-ins you include.
Tips for the Best Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower
- We do not preheat the air fryer for this recipe.
- Ensure the cauliflower is evenly spread out in the air fryer so the hot air can get around each piece.
- Cooking time will depend on your air fryer. Start with the lowest time possible and then add additional minutes until you get them perfect.
- All air fryers are different, so you will want to watch the cooking time the first few times.
- If you are cooking multiple batches, you will want to decrease the cooking time for each subsequent batch since the air fryer will be hot.
- Also, check out our Franks Buffalo Chicken Dip for a great appetizer.
- We have a ton of easy air fryer vegetarian recipes to make meal planning easier.
- Take advantage of all of our appetizers for the Super Bowl!
What to Serve with Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower
Pair this veggie-powered, meat-free alternative to buffalo chicken wings with blue cheese or ranch dressing and celery sticks for a game-day-ready appetizer platter! Here are some menu planning suggestions.
Sides: CrockPot Chipotle Honey Meatballs, CrockPot Swedish Meatballs, CrockPot Cranberry Barbecue Meatballs, CrockPot Spicy Mango Jerk Wings, CrockPot Mexican Chili over Fritos, CrockPot Honey Sriracha Barbecue Wings, CrockPot Beer-Braised Kielbasa
Main Dishes: CrockPot Chili Mac and Cheese, CrockPot Bacon Mac and Cheese, CrockPot Kielbasa and Sauerkraut, CrockPot Beer Chili, CrockPot Cuban Pork Sandwiches, Buffalo Chicken Wontons, CrockPot Bacon Ranch Chicken, CrockPot Buffalo Sloppy Joes
Desserts: Red Velvet Brownies, Chocolate Coconut 5 Layer Bars, CrockPot Mixed Berry Cobbler, Black Bean Brownies, Easy Homemade Banana Bread, Salty & Sweet Ruffles Marshmallow Treats, Peanut Butter Bacon Cookies, Molasses Cookies
When to Serve
- Family and Friends Gatherings
- Game Day
- Great snack
- Perfect in veggie tacos
Great Recipe Collections
Check out all of our Air Fryer Recipes!
Find this featured recipe in our collection of side dishes for sloppy joes!
Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower
- Cut cauliflower into bite size pieces, remove the stems
- Melt butter and add in Franks Hot Sauce.
- Combine flour and corn starch in a seperate bowl
- Coat cauliflower in the corn starch/flour bowl and then coat with hot sauce/butter mixture.
- Evenly spread cauliflower pieces in the air fryer basket. Air fry at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes.
- Air Fryer
- Kitchen Tongs