Fall is here, and it is pumpkin time! I can tell when I am in the mood for fall baking because the pumpkin recipes start showing up on my to-do list. These White Chocolate Pumpkin Spice Cookies are one of my favorite fall treats.
White Chocolate Pumpkin Spice Cookies
I made these for John's office, and they were well-received. John came home with an empty basket and said they ran out of the White Chocolate Pumpkin Spice Cookies before lunch.
Do you love pumpkin-flavored treats? I took a poll on our Facebook Page (please feel free to join our page), and it was almost 50/50 on whether or not readers enjoyed pumpkin flavors.
One of my favorite recipes to make is our pumpkin spice muffins. These muffins are so easy to make and the perfect fall treat.
Plus, no chilling is needed, so you can make this epic cookie recipe as soon as you mix everything.
Here is a quick overview of the simple ingredients needed to make epic White Chocolate Pumpkin Spice Cookies! The printable recipe card at the bottom of the post includes specific measurements and step-by-step instructions.
- Brown Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
- Canned Pumpkin
- All-Purpose Flour
- Baking Powder
- Baking Soda
- Ground Cinnamon
- Pumpkin Pie Spice
- White Chocolate Chips
Optional - If you want to add even more flavor you can add in ground cloves, ground ginger, and/or nutmeg to the cookie dough.
White chocolate chips - you can leave out the white chocolate chips if you want to just make pumpkin cookies.
- Teaspoon/measuring tools
- Large Mixing Bowl - We are big fans of this glass batter bowl that has a handle. It makes it easy to mix ingredients and keeps the mixing bowl steady on the counter.
- Hand Mixer/Stand Mixer - You can mix this with either a hand mixer or your stand mixer. We use the paddle attachment.
- Cookie Scoop - A cookie scoop makes it so easy to get consistent cookies that all look great together.
- Parchment Paper - I love that I can use parchment paper to help make it easier to remove the brownie cookies. They also make clean-up a breeze. If you are not using parchment paper you will want to spray non-stick cooking spray or use silicone mats on your baking sheet to help the cookies not stick.
- Baking Sheets - We are huge fans of these baking sheets with sides. You don't have to worry; you will remove the cookies from the oven and have them slide right off.
- Heat resistant potholders - A couple of years ago we had a fire scare when we didn't realize we had turned a burner on and a cloth potholder caught fire. Thankfully we walked by the kitchen and saw the smoke and were able to get it out ourselves. Since then we have only used these heat-resistant potholders.
- Wire cooling rack - to cool the cookies after baking.
How to Make White Chocolate Pumpkin Spice Cookies
I've included complete instructions in the printable recipe card for the pumpkin white chocolate chip cookies at the bottom of the post, but here's a quick version.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cream together butter, sugar, egg, and vanilla with a mixer.
- Add pumpkin and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, stir together flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and spices.
- Combine dry ingredients with wet ingredients in the mixer.
- Add white chocolate chips and stir until combined.
- Use a cookie scoop to create dough balls
- Line the baking sheet with parchment paper or use a silicone mat.
- Bake cookies
Preparation and Storage
Make-Ahead + Freezing/How to Freeze: These White Chocolate Pumpkin Spice Cookies are make-ahead-friendly! You can prepare and refrigerate the dough in an airtight container for up to 24 hours or freeze it in an airtight, freezer-safe container or freezer safe bag for up to three months before baking.
Storage: Store leftover cookies at room temperature in an airtight container, and enjoy them within a week.
Recipe Variations + Tips for the Best White Chocolate Pumpkin Spice Cookies
Substitutions: To add even more flavor, add ground cloves, allspice, ginger, or nutmeg to the cookie dough. You can also leave out the white chocolate chips if you just want to make pumpkin cookies.
Vegetarian + Vegan Option: This recipe is vegetarian-friendly! Vegans should replace the butter, egg, and white chocolate chips with plant-based substitutes to make these cookies vegan-friendly.
Gluten-Free: Use gluten-free flour to make these White Chocolate Pumpkin Spice Cookies safe for a gluten-free diet. Check each ingredient for a gluten-free label if you are highly sensitive.
Smaller Serving Size + Larger Group/More Servings: The written recipe makes 24 servings. Scale it up or down to your desired yield, and ensure you have enough cookie sheets if you scale up!
Sugar-Free: Swap brown sugar, canned pumpkin, and chocolate chips with sugar-free alternatives to make these cookies sugar-free.
What to Serve with White Chocolate Pumpkin Spice Cookies
These White Chocolate Pumpkin Spice Cookies contain melty white chocolate and pumpkin goodness in every chewy bite, making a fantastic ending to any fall-inspired meal! Here are some menu pairing suggestions to help you celebrate fall flavors.
Sides: Cheddar Bay Sausage Balls, Easy Hasselback Potatoes, Easy Frank's Buffalo Chicken Dip, Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower, Cheesy Bacon Potato Skins, CrockPot Reuben Dip, Buffalo Chicken Wontons, CrockPot Bourbon Glazed Kielbasa, CrockPot Cranberry Barbecue Meatballs
Main Dishes: Corned Beef Shepherd's Pie, Smoked Sausage Gnocchi, CrockPot Bourbon Maple Pork Loin, CrockPot Kielbasa with Potatoes & Green Beans, CrockPot German Bratwurst, Jalapeño Beer Brats, CrockPot Guinness Corned Beef & Cabbage
Desserts: Pumpkin Cream Cheese Dip, Ooey-Gooey Butter Cake, Caramel Apple Dump Cake, Pumpkin Snickerdoodles, Apple Cider Cookies, Apple Cider Muddy Buddies, Maple Monkey Bread Bites, Apple Pie Dumplings, Carrot Cake Oatmeal Cookies, CrockPot Fried Apples
Drinks: Candy Corn Jello Shots, Fireball & Ginger Ale Cocktail, Fireball Apple Cider, Apple Cider Margarita, Angry Balls Drink, Guinness & Cider Beer Cocktail, Apple Cider Mule, Washington Apple Drink, CrockPot Mulled Wine, CrockPot Apple Pie Moonshine
When to Serve
- Tailgating Parties
- Family and Friend Gatherings
Great Recipe Collections
If you love pumpkin desserts, check out these other great recipes! I am so excited that it is finally fall, and I can break out all the pumpkin spice I want!
Check out all of our favorite pumpkin recipes!
Apple Cider Recipes - Delicious Apple Cider Recipes for fall! Everything from apple cider cocktails to desserts everyone will love.
Fall Dessert Recipes - All of our favorite desserts with nutmeg, maple syrup, brown sugar, and the flavors of Fall.
Apple Dessert Recipes - All of the fun fall desserts you can make with apples!
Desserts with 5 ingredients or less - All the recipes in this collection are made with five or fewer ingredients, ensuring you’re never more than a few steps and ingredients away from sweet treat bliss.
3 Ingredient Recipes - Easy 3 Ingredient Recipes that taste amazing! Drinks, entrees, and desserts you can make with a few ingredients.
White Chocolate Pumpkin Spice Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cream together butter, sugar, egg, and vanilla with a mixer
- Add in pumpkin and mix well
- In a separate bowl, stir together flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda and spices
- Combine dry ingredients with wet ingredients in the mixer
- Add white chocolate chips and stir until combined
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper or use a silicone mat
- Bake cookies for 15 – 18 minutes until they are just beginning to brown
Recipe originally shared on September 18, 2013. Updated October 2020