Here’s how to cook Frozen Jalapeño Poppers in an Air Fryer! Making air fryer frozen jalapeño poppers takes minutes and turns out delicious—Crispy on the outside with hot cheese inside.
Jalapeno Poppers in Air Fryer Frozen
This appetizer is one of my husband's favorite quick and easy snacks.
I love tossing these into the air fryer for quick and easy appetizers. The cooking time is just 4 to 5 minutes, so they are a great last-minute snack.
I now keep a freezer full of quick and easy frozen foods that I can easily toss in the air fryer. These frozen poppers have become a fixture in the freezer.
You can pair them with the included dip, make your favorite dipping sauce and sauces, and set up a platter of dipping options in different bowls.
I keep various options in the fridge and freezer for game-day party planning.
Here is a quick overview of the simple ingredients needed to make epic Air Fryer Jalapeño Poppers! The printable recipe card at the bottom of the post includes specific measurements and step-by-step instructions.
- Frozen Jalapeño Poppers - We use TGI Friday’s Jalapeno Poppers with cream cheese filling
- Sauce (optional)
- Air Fryer: We suggest getting an air fryer that is bigger than you think you will need. We found that once we started using the air fryer, we used it for more and larger meals.
- Kitchen Tongs: We highly suggest getting a good pair of kitchen tongs to remove items from the air fryer and save your hands from getting burned.
- Olive Oil Spray -We do not use non-stick cooking spray in the air fryer. We try to use olive oil spray as often as possible.
How to make Frozen Jalapeno Poppers in the Air Fryer
Here is a quick overview of the simple ingredients needed to make epic Air Fryer Jalapeno Poppers! The printable recipe card at the bottom of the post includes specific measurements and step-by-step instructions.
Step 1 - Evenly spread the Jalapeno Poppers in a single layer in the air fryer so hot air can circulate.
Air fry for 5 minutes, shake the air fryer basket, air fry for an additional 3-5 minutes. Checking to make sure they are done.
If the cheese is oozing out they are done.
Make sure to let them cool a bit before taking a bite. The cheese will be HOT HOT HOT
Preparation and Storage
Make Ahead: Cooking the poppers from frozen is a time-saving shortcut. Do NOT thaw them before cooking them in the air fryer. We also do not preheat the air fryer before cooking with it.
Storage: Refrigerate any leftovers in an airtight container and enjoy them within two to three days.
Freezing/How to Freeze: For quality and food safety reasons, it is best not to refreeze any frozen food you have cooked.
How to Reheat: You can reheat cooked leftover jalapeño poppers in the air fryer to return them to crispy goodness! They will heat up in about five minutes.
We use TGI Friday’s Jalapeño Poppers with cream cheese filling, but you can use any brand or variety you like.
We do not use non-stick cooking spray in the air fryer. We use olive oil spray as often as possible.
Vegetarian Option: Standard jalapeño poppers contain jalapeños, cream cheese or cheese filling, and breading, which are all vegetarian, though some brands may include add-ins like bacon. Use meatless poppers if you are vegetarian.
Vegan Option: Use vegan poppers if you are plant-based.
Gluten-Free: Make this recipe with gluten-free poppers to make it safe for a gluten-free diet.
Smaller Serving Size + Larger Group/More Servings:
The recipe directions are for a pack of eight frozen jalapeño poppers, but adapt quickly to however many you need to make.
If you cook multiple batches of jalapeño poppers, you will want to lower the cooking time for each subsequent batch. As the air fryer heats up, it will take less time to get perfectly baked jalapeño poppers.
Make It Spicy: Jalapeño poppers are already spicy, but you can serve them with a spicy dip, like our Japanese Spicy Mayo, to double the heat.
Sugar-Free: The average jalapeño popper contains less than 2 grams of sugar per serving.
Tips for the Best Air Fryer Jalapeño Poppers
- We do not preheat the air fryer before making this recipe.
- You do not need extra oil for this recipe. You can use air fryer parchment paper to ensure the poppers are easy to remove.
- Make sure to place the jalapeño poppers in a single layer with space for the hot air from the air fryer to circulate them.
- Cooking time will vary depending on your air fryer. Start with the lowest cooking time and add minutes until you get the crispiness you like.
- Shake the air fryer basket halfway through cooking to ensure the poppers cook all the way through.
- Nutrition information, including calories, protein, calcium, carbohydrates, fiber, vitamin c, potassium, cholesterol, sodium, trans fat, monounsaturated fat, polyunsaturated fat, and more, will vary depending on the products used.
What to Serve with Air Fryer Jalapeño Poppers
Pair these easy Air Fryer Jalapeño Poppers with other tailgating and snack time favorites for a game-day-ready appetizer platter in no time! Here are some menu planning suggestions.
Favorite Dipping Sauces: Ranch Dressing, Blue cheese dressing
Sides: CrockPot Chipotle Honey Meatballs, CrockPot Swedish Meatballs, CrockPot Cranberry Barbecue Meatballs, CrockPot Spicy Mango Jerk Wings, CrockPot Mexican Chili over Fritos, CrockPot Honey Sriracha Barbecue Wings, CrockPot Beer-Braised Kielbasa, Air fried mozzarella sticks, Bacon wrapped jalapeno peppers
Main Dishes: CrockPot Chili Mac and Cheese, CrockPot Bacon Mac and Cheese, CrockPot Kielbasa and Sauerkraut, CrockPot Beer Chili, CrockPot Cuban Pork Sandwiches, Buffalo Chicken Wontons, CrockPot Bacon Ranch Chicken, CrockPot Buffalo Sloppy Joes, Jamaican Chicken Wings
Desserts: Red Velvet Brownies, Chocolate Coconut 5 Layer Bars, CrockPot Mixed Berry Cobbler, Black Bean Brownies, Easy Homemade Banana Bread, Salty & Sweet Ruffles Marshmallow Treats, Peanut Butter Bacon Cookies, Molasses Cookies
When to Serve
- Family and Friends Gatherings
- Game Day
Great Recipe Collections
Don't miss all of our Air Fryer Recipes
Vegetarian Air fryer Recipes - Epic easy vegetarian recipes you can make in the air fryer.
Comfort Food Recipes - The best comfort food recipes are perfect for weeknight dinners or weekend meals that take a little longer to make
Recipes with Bacon - Delicious recipes that include bacon including desserts, side dishes and main dishes.
Side Dishes for Ham - What to serve with leftover ham for a great meal.
Celery Recipes - Are you wondering what to make with the celery that has been in your fridge? These are our favorite recipes with celery in them.
Bisquick Recipes - Everything from breakfast to snacks, to comfort food, and more! All of these recipes with Bisquick are made with simple ingredients and are quick and easy recipes!
Jalapeno Poppers in Air Fryer Frozen
- 8 Jalapeno Poppers Frozen
- Spread frozen jalapeno poppers in a single layer in the air fryer basket.
- Air fry at 380 degrees for 4-5 minutes, shake the basket or flip the poppers, air fry for an additional 2-4 minutes.
- Let them cool before biting into one. The filling is HOT!