Easy Mini Black Forest Cakes Recipe made with cake mix and cherries. Simple to bake but tastes amazing! These are perfect for parties, tea, date nights at home, or when you just need a chocolate cake in your life. 🙂
Black Forest Cake Recipe
A few weeks ago we shared Black Forest Cupcakes which are delicious! Today we are expanding into Mini Black Forest Cake Recipe for those days a mini cake makes life just a little bit better.
These mini Black Forest Cakes remind me of our last trip to Germany! We spent a few days exploring the Black Forest region of Germany and savoring as many pieces of authentic Black Forest Cake as we possibly could. John also found his dream cuckoo clock which he had to have. I am still trying to find just the right place for it in the new house. I need to find a place that the kittens can't get to it otherwise that could be a rough day in the house.
All this talk of Germany has me thinking about planning a return trip to Germany or at least to Leavenworth here in Washington to enjoy a day of great German food.
Mini Black Forest Cake Ingredients
- Chocolate cake mix
- Cherry Pie Filling
- Chocolate Icing (prepared)
- Maraschino cherries
Great Dessert Recipes
Salted Caramel Rice Krispie Treats
This recipe is featured in our collection of Cherry Pie Filling Recipes.
Do you love recipes? Check out our copy cat recipes, dessert recipes, and our Crock Pot Recipes.
Mini Black Forest Cakes Recipe
- 1 Chocolate cake mix
- 3 Eggs
- 1 can Cherry Pie Filling
- 1 tub Chocolate Icing prepared
- Maraschino cherries
- Preheat oven to the instructions on the cake mix box
- In a bowl, add the cake mix, eggs, and cherry pie filling
- Spoon the batter into 2 greased loaf pans.
- Bake according to the directions on the box. Usually around 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- To ice the loaves, remove the lid and foil from the chocolate icing tub. Place it in the microwave for approximately 30 seconds to simply loosen up the icing to a pourable state.
- Pour the icing over the loaves like a glaze.
- Garnish with maraschino cherries and a sprinkling of icing sugar if you prefer.
Recipe originally shared on June 19, 2018. Updated January 2021
I'M GOING INTO a total drooling state like Homer Simpson does !!!